- Richard is a champion for economic growth and job creation. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce endorsed Richard for re-election and gave him the top score of any New York representative in Congress. Richard created hundreds of jobs of in upstate New York and that experience shows in his voting record and results. (U.S. Chamber of Commerce, How They Voted 2013)
- Richard reliably votes to repeal and replace Obamacare with better solutions. Since Richard defeated a Democrat who voted for government-run healthcare, he has consistently opposed Obamacare in Congress. In fact, he has voted nearly 50 times to repeal, delay and defund Obamacare.
- Richard is rated the third most conservative New York representative in Congress by the American Conservative Union – more conservative than the other 24 Republicans and Democrats in our state. (American Conservative Union, 2013 Ratings of Congress)
- Richard is a fiscal conservative and a self-made business owner. Richard votes for spending cuts, lower taxes, and balanced budgets. Richard supports a Balanced Budget Amendment to the Constitution. He votes for comprehensive national budgets authored by Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) which reduce the deficit by trillions of dollars, cut taxes, and protect Medicare from bankruptcy.
- Richard voted to ban special-interest earmarks, saving taxpayers approximately $15 billion each year. He also voted for a responsible Republican budget to reduce the deficit by nearly $5 trillion.
- Richard is a gun owner, National Rifle Association member, and has been endorsed by the NRA for his “A” grade in Congress. Richard always supports and defends the Second Amendment. He opposes the NY SAFE Act and is Remington Arms’ leading advocate in Congress.
- Richard always supports New York veterans and their families. Richard is the son of a Marine combat veteran and he consistently votes to support and increase veterans’ benefits.
- Richard opposes illegal and unconstitutional government spying on Americans. Richard voted against reauthorizing provisions of the PATRIOT Act because he values our civil liberties. He also voted to prohibit the National Security Agency from targeting U.S. citizens or acquiring, monitoring, or storing the contents of our phone calls and e-mails.
Paid for by Hanna for Congress